Please note: Registration is closed as the maximum number has been reached.
The international conference is organized for the "Toccare l'arte - Touching beauty" exhibition, which is promoted and organized by the Museo Omero and the Municipality of Ancona, in collaboration with the Fondazione Chiaravalle Montessori and the Associazione Bruno Munari and with the support of the Marche Region.
The conference will be held at the Orfeo Tamburi Auditorium at the Mole Vanvitelliana in Ancona (Banchina Giovanni da Chio 28) on Saturday 25 January from 10:00 to 18:00.
- 9.30 registration of participants
- 10.00 Institutional greetings
- 10.30 Prof. Aldo Grassini, President of the Museo Omero, OFFICIAL OPENING OF THE CONFERENCE
- 11.00 Fabio Fornasari, architect and Curator of the exhibition lay out, Presentation of the "Touching Beauty" exhibition catalogue
- 11.30 am Prof. Alfio Albani, President of the Fondazione Chiaravalle Montessori, Beauty with closed eyes or, objective correlation in Maria Montessori
- 12.00 Prof. Alberto Munari, Honorary President of the Associazione Bruno Munari, Beauty in Gesture
- 12.30 Prof. Rita Casadei, University of Bologna, Exploring the SENSE of wonder: sensoriality, meanings and directions in education
- INTERVAL 13 -14
- 14.00 Prof. Naoki Mizushima, University of the Sacred Heart Tokyo, The acceptance process of "Montessori Education" and the "Munari Method" in Japan
- 14.30 Prof. Leonardo Fogassi, University of Parma, Montessori and Neuroscience
- 15.30 Silvana Sperati, President of the Associazione Bruno Munari, Communicating beauty
- 16.00 Dr. Mariangela Scarpini, I.C. Maria Montessori Chiaravalle, Montessori materials: perfecting the senses and touching beauty
- 16.30 Prof. Rita Scocchera, Fondazione Chiaravalle Montessori, The philosophy of things
- 17.00 Prof. Andrea Socrati, Museo Omero, The tactile path to beauty
- 17.30 Prof. Philippe Daverio CONCLUSIONS
Moderators: Aldo Grassini and Andrea Socrati.
Translation into and from Italian Sign Language is guaranteed throughout the conference.
After the conference, those who wish can visit the exhibition which will stay open until 8 pm (at a cost of 5 euros).
Participation is free. Registration is closed. Participants will receive a certificate of attendance.
The speeches will be recorded on video for future publication on the Museum's channels, but there will be no live streaming.
Info 071 2811935
Admission to the exhibition: 5 euros. Free: disabled people and their carers, under 18s, licensed tourist guides, accredited journalists, ICOM members.