Wednesday 6th of December 2023, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Sala Ex Fiera della Pesca, Ancona.
Innovative methods and tools for the fruition of higher education courses by ViB: visually impaired and blind people.
On Wednesday the 6th of December the Omero Museum will host an important step of the Invisible European Project (2022 - 2024), of which the Museum is a main partner.
In the morning, at the Auditorium Ex Fiera della Pesca, in front of the Mole, will be held a meeting open to everyone, with the aim to spread knowledge about innovative methods and tools to teach visual arts in higher education, particularly regarding Architecture in University to visually impaired and blind people.
The event is the second multiplier event to disclose the main objectives of the project and the work done until now. The other partners of the project will intervene, and continue their work on the project in the afternoon and the day after.
Programme of the 6th of December
- 9:00 - 9:30 Welcoming and registrations.
- 9:30 -10:00 Welcoming speeches;
- 10:00 - 10:25 Aldo Grassini, President of the Omero Musum
The Culture of Accessibility and the experience of the Omero Museum;
- 10:25 - 10:50 Micaela Antonucci, University of Bologna
In-VisiBLe: an inclusive and innovative educational tool for visually impaired and blind people (ViB);
- 10:50 - 11:15 Greta Sturm & Andrea Sòcrati, State Tactile Omero Museum
In-VisiBle: Guidelines to make Architecture and visual arts to visually impaired and blind people (ViB);
- 11:15 - 11:35 Coffee break;
- 11:35 - 12:00 Ramona Quattrini, UNIPM; Deborah Licastro, Superintence of Archaeology, Fine Arts and Landscape for the Provinces of Ancona and Pesaro-Urbino; Manuela Alessandrini, State Tactile Omero Museum
An inclusive educational project for the Church of Santa Maria di Portonovo;
- 12:00 - 12:25 Katerina Athanasiadou, Centre of Education and Rehabilitation for the Blind
Guidelines for the design and realization of 3D architectural models for visually impaired and blind people (ViB);
- 12:25 - 12:50 Rosa Coscia, RAI Accessibilità
Accessible communication "The RAI Experience"
Booking is strongly recommended considering the limited amount of spots available.
You can send an email to email@example.com. The meeting is of particular interest for teachers, educators, students, museum operators, visually impaired and blind people.
There are going to be some 3D models displayed and available to touch, produced during the project. For teachers there is a Sofia code available: 89276. The course is valid as teacher formation.
The In-VisIBLe project aims to make higher education courses of subjects related to Art, Architecture and Design. It is specifically dedicated to the course of History of Architecture through innovative technologies and interactive educational methods.
The intent is to develop tools to share with online educational activities for and accessible course of History of Architecture, with a system and a database for the creation of captions and through an online learning platform where tools, materials and course accessible to everyone.
The partners l progetto vanta un considerevole numero di partner di provenienza eterogenea, garantendo il contributo di diverse aree di competenza (architettura, realtà virtuale e modellini 3D, TIC, scienze dell'educazione inclusiva) tra cui:
- 3 Universities: Alma Mater Studiorum - University of Bologna, University Yeditepe Vakif of Istanbul, Akademia Humanistyczno-Ekonomiczna w Łodzi in Poland;
- 1 international research institute: Information Technologies Institute of Centre for Research and Technology Hellas, Greece;
- 1 public institute for the blind: the Centre for Education and Rehabilitation for the Blind in Greece;
- 1 state museum: the State Tactile Omero Museum in Ancona, Italy;
- numerous associate partners among which are MAXXI Museum in Rome and the Edgardo Mannucci Art Institute in Ancona.